Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What's In Your Closet?

by Angelia Rotandaro

 Without the proper organizational skills, a trendy shopper’s closet can become a mountain of clothes from outdated styles and trends. Keeping a neat, clean and organized closet will keep stylish women’s outfits organized and trendy.

Coordinating each item is a helpful way one can keep a closet orderly and organized. Personally, I am a freak about keeping my closet in order. Each item has a specific place. All of my clothes are color coordinated from white to black. On the top left and right are my long sleeves and short sleeves.

On the bottom left, I have all of my tank tops and on the right I have my jackets and blazers. Keeping my closet in this order calms me down and keeps me organized while I am picking out my outfit for each day. It also allows me to find the perfect outfit if I’m in a rush, and makes packing for vacation easier.

Use coordinated hangers for a clean look that will keep your clothes uncluttered and in order. Also, use boxes, cubbies, hanging organizers, and or shelves to keep shoes. You can also keep folded clothes or accessories in shelf dividers.

Keep your closet up to date with the appropriate trends for each season by cleaning out your closet right before each season. This way you can store away the items you no longer need and replace them with each season’s essentials.

If you’re one of those people who are attached to your clothes and never want to get rid of anything, good solutions to get over this fear are by taking everything out of your closet and sort everything into three separate categories. The first pile: items that you will definitely keep, the second questionable items, and the third: items that definitely can go.

Some fashion essentials that I think every woman should have in their closet is a black, fitted blazer. They go great with any outfit and can transform a look from professional to a night out. Another essential is a pair of black pumps; black goes with anything and these shoes can be worn every season because they never go out of style.

One of my favorite trends this year has been chiffon material blouses. Stores like Forever 21 and Express have affordable, colorful styles that look great on every body type. I also have been following the trend of pastel colored denim and paring opposite colored tops for a complete color blocked look.

Keeping a well arranged, up to date closet can be an easier task with the proper organizational skills.